Recycle old printer cartridges with Acme Refining
In the United States, over 375 million empty toner cartridges and ink cartridges are thrown into the trash every year.
These printer and toner cartridges end up on landfill sites or in incinerators.
Acme provides your company with solutions to collect printer cartridges, many times, creating a revenue stream for your company. If you would like to know more about a program for recycling ink and toner cartridges, call Acme at 773-523-4500 or contact us at
Printer & Toner Cartridge Recycling Facts
- Roughly 11 cartridges being disposed of every second. If you put all these cartridges end to end they would cover a distance encircling the earth over three times.
- Approximately 70% of all ink cartridges and 50% of all toner cartridges are still not recycled. Things are continuously changing for the better with pressure from legislation, environmental awareness among consumers and a more mature recycling industry.
- The plastics used in printer cartridges are made of an engineering grade polymer that have a very slow decomposing rate ranging between 450 to 1000 years depending on the cartridge type. Ink cartridges may also leak printer ink polluting the surrounding environment.
- More than 3 quarts of oil are used to produce each laser cartridge.
- Toner cartridge remanufacturing saves over 38,000 tons of plastic and metal from landfills.